Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Boy-Who-Lived.

The kids are very into Harry Potter right now. It's weird because they've only read some of the books and watched the first few movies. Those movies are scary for me, let alone a 7 year old. So what they know they've mostly learned from friends or from the Lego sets. But I'm sure our recent trip to Whimsic Alley also had a lot to do with it.

Every other night after homework we do crafts. It's usually the Kid's choice and he usually asks for help. But on this day I wasn't 'allowed' to help and it wasn't til I walked into the room and saw something glowing did I see what he had made...

He took some old buckets and put together a mock Goblet of Fire and a TriWizard Tournament trophy. Pretty ingenious, kid.

This picture does NOT do it justice because in person, it's pretty cool, mostly because he found my old flameless tea lights that I use for pumpkin carving and used it to light up the 'fire'. Huh. I don't know that I would have thought of that.
He gathered me and the Baby together, had us write our names on his pre-cut slips, so that we could 'throw' our names in for the tournament. Quite an imagination this Kid has.

Mommy. Yep. That's my given name, and how I sign my checks.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Brilliant!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

Brilliant indeed! And, I think I was close to double digits until I found out my mom's real name.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Jackie said...

This Kid is going to go on to conquer the world! :)

Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:27:00 AM  
Blogger caninecologne said...

that's so awesome! cute too!

when my daughter was 3 (she's 10 now), she surprised us by drawing the death star, imperial walkers and darth vader.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:35:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

very creative!!

Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn ~
WOWZA! The Kid is BRILLIANT!
Both of your kids are so very fortunate to have a mom who nurtures/fosters their creativity...

PAX,
Lola in Las Vegas
(Harry Potter devotee!)

Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Ally said...

Awesome!!!!!!! That is too cool!

Saturday, March 19, 2011 5:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home