Thursday, March 10, 2011

If we get to see tomorrow, I hope it's all worth the wait, it's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday

Two years ago this week my Grandpa died on his birthday. It's been hard for O.G. and me, and we've coped in our own ways. I think she's still not over it.

My Grandpa's favorite food was hot dogs, which is ironic since he always told me they were made of 'lips and assh*les' which made me hate hotdogs, honestly. Ew.

On that note, speaking of dogs, sausages, etc - this week we went to Wurstkuche one of my fave places downtown.

When we entered the dank, dark ordering area, I could already feel O.G.'s displeasure penetrating my skull. Luckily she brightened up when she realized there was a very sunny, lovely eating area in the back. Yeesh.

She chose her sausage: Filipino Marharlika, pork of course - and we got lots of fries. Love the fries. I also love their selection of artisnal sodas. So very L.A., but so very delish.

It was a nice casual lunch and in a lot of ways it reminded me of my Grandpa. Food and family can be pretty darn comforting.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

YUM!

Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Woodsy said...

I love your relationship with O.G. (The pic of the food looks yummy too)!!

Friday, March 11, 2011 11:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home