Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Now we're cookin'

I adore cooking stores. I'll drive all over the city from the Valley to downtown, just to get the one item I might (or might not) need. Addiction? Perhaps. But cooking supplies are my first love and luckily this town has a whole lot of options.

I'm going to let you in on my secrets and feature a few of my favorite stores for supplies. First up, a favorite of mine is Cookin' Stuff in the South Bay

Cookin' Stuff is more of a home-y sort of store, stocking a lot of things for the everyday cook as opposed to the very expensive Williams Sonoma or the chef centric Surfas in Culver City. However, when I say they stock a lot of things I mean they stock a lot of things. They stock over 20,000,000 items. You read that right. If it's not here, you don't need it.

Wednesday is Senior Discount Day, so you know what that means - I grabbed my senior i.e. O.G. and headed out to use her for a discount. Not only that, I used her for her handicapped parking space pass. Double win. Yay for elder abuse! I mean, thanks Grandma.

Meanwhile I spent most of my time in the baking aisle. Cookie cutters as far as the eye can see. Every sized pie plate, bundt pan, donut pan - baking pans you never knew existed. All here.

They have an amazing selection of knives which is what O.G. was looking for . And I had been wanting a curl cutter - then Instyle went and featured it and that was it, sold out everywhere. But I found it here! And for HALF the price. Lovely.

While I shop at a lot of other cooking supply stores, I know that if I'm looking for something specific, I will most likely find it here. Oh and the old person discount ain't half bad either.

Cookin' Stuff
22217 Palos Verdes Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90505-2016

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Our Man Horn said...

I would go there in hopes of fulfilling my quest to find another EKCO Egg Turner™. It's like Excalibur, apparently — I wield the only one in existence.

Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger jami said...

I need to go there!

Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:32:00 PM  
Blogger caninecologne said...

that store looks so amazing! love all the diff't colors of those mixers too!

haha - using your og for the senior discount and handicapable space!!!!!

Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:01:00 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

But O.G. got to spend time with her granddaughter. double win :D I can't believe this place. I'm definitely going to have to check it out. When looking for knives, I ended up at Sur la Table and probably paid way too much. Wish I knew about this place.

Friday, March 25, 2011 7:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This place is amazing! If they do not have it in stock, they will place an order for you ASAP! This store is the BEST!

Friday, March 25, 2011 9:45:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

Great store! I love buying kitchen stuff...though I did buy a marble pastry board on sale and sometimes I wonder why I bought it.

Saturday, March 26, 2011 10:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Ally said...

Wow! This is awesome! I can't wait to go; and my granny, who cooks EVERY day, will LOVE this place. Woo hoo!

Sunday, March 27, 2011 8:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I saw this place on Food Network one time...Rachael Ray went in there! (I think it was her) :0) If you ever wished you had a million dollars (like who ever wishes that?), it would be to blow it in that store!! OMGravy!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Winfred said...

Very helpful info, much thanks for your post.
horoscope change | Montreal airport | free calculator online

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home