Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Everything counts in large amounts

Every night after dinner, I do the dishes and the kids do art projects, a little something I call After Dinner Art. In the past they've made paper donuts, recycling projects, bacon headbands (I'm not kidding), deconstructed Batman poses and make your own stickers. Whatever it is, as long as they are drawing I'm all for it.

The other night the Kid wouldn't let me see what he was making because it was for me. When I was done with the dishes he presented me with an involved piece of artwork. As in, I had to be involved:
A color by numbers! I'm kind of impressed - he had nothing to go by, he just made it up by himself. Interesting how his little 7 year old brain works - it must be full of puzzles.

He handed me some crayons and I went for it. I have to say, it wasn't easy! There were lots of tiny little pieces he put in there, but all were carefully thought out. In the end I had my masterpiece:
What can I say, these Momma's boys know what I like.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. M said...

That's just AWESOME. I love your kids. You're SUCH a GREAT Mom!!

Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:11:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

your kids make having kids seem like a lot of fun. :)

Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:03:00 AM  
Blogger Kirby said...

WOW! He is GOOD!

Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger TaraMetBlog said...

that is sooo cliever of the kid, color by numbers, love it.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

OMG that is so awesome!!!

Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:45:00 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

WOW. I am 26 years old and I don't think I'd be able to sit down and create my own color-by-numbers if I tried!!! Your children are little geniuses.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Rachel W. said...

this is amazing. your kids are pretty neat. and you too for enforcing art night every day. well done!

Friday, April 29, 2011 6:42:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

your kid is a genius.

Friday, April 29, 2011 10:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home