Monday, April 25, 2011

I see your true colors shining through

I must have an Easter curse. Per years past things didn't go as planned since I woke up and couldn't walk. What the heck? I'm not sure exactly what brought that on, but after a few hours, luckily I was able to stand, though through a lot of pain. I wasn't about to miss Easter though. Nope - you aren't going to beat me Easter! You hear me??

The day before (when I could walk) we went to O.G.'s house where she layed out an elaborate egg decorating plan. I ate a LOT of pie, then I made a few eggs:

...and the kids made the rest. Lots of crayons, coloring and anticipation for the egg hunt.

The Kid was slightly confused as to why the Leprechaun exists and why the Easter Bunny doesn't - since he knows that I'm the one who hides the eggs every year. I didn't have an answer so I mumbled something about "believing in things" and how people who don't have chimneys don't believe in Santa so he doesn't come. I'm a great parent. The Baby was quick to add that if you don't have a chimney Santa will just kick down your door to leave presents. Sounds like a home invasion to me.

This year my brother has a kid so I got to make three Easter baskets for: the Kid, the Baby and my nephew. Since I don't put candy in the baskets it was a lot of books and toys. Guess who misses out when you don't put candy in Easter baskets? Me at midnight when I'm searching the house for sugar.

I also made a basket for my cousin. Granted she's *my age* but she deserves one since she is always helping to take the kids on trips with me and she would be doing most of the Easter egg hiding due to my not-being-able-to-walkedness. I filled hers with beef jerky and advil.

The egg hunt went well and we went inside for our annual family meal of my brother's famous Chicken and Waffles, as well as my Brown Sugar Bacon (recipe, here) Deeeelish.

We ended the morning with a rousing game of Bingo where O.G. took home a bottle of Korean BBQ sauce. That's how we roll around here - nothing says Easter like fried chicken and Bingo!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Santa and the Home Invasion. hahahahahahahahahahah

Monday, April 25, 2011 7:49:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

That's why my daughter says you have to have a chimney! So Santa can come down to bring your gifts.

I need to try your bacon recipe! Looks good!...

We had the same exact dishes that you had your pie on growing up! I had to do a double take and then recognized it instantly!!

I do wish the kids got baskets with no candy...so mommy wouldn't eat all the strawberry whoppers!!

Looks like you had a great Easter.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:01:00 AM  
Blogger sko_G knits said...

i love her corning ware plate

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger caninecologne said...

you kids say the funniest things! i love the advil and beef jerky gifts!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home