Thursday, April 07, 2011

My umbrella, ella, ella

I took the kids on a mini 'stay'-cation. Close to home, but far enough. We spent two days at Disneyland (more on that later) and then headed down to Legoland.

The big grand opening of the Star Wars miniland was last week and *I* - I mean the kids - couldn't wait to see it! We headed down to San Diego and wouldn't you know it - RAIN. Lots and lots of rain. I always prided myself at never being one of those people caught in bad weather at a theme park and here I was stuck two hours away from home with no turning back. Me. Not. Happy.

Most of the day was like the above picture and of course we didn't have proper attire since the weather report said 'sunny and cloudy.' Yeah, right.The kids were unphased, it was me who was cranktastic.

Still Legos don't melt, so a little (a lot) of rain didn't hurt 'em. The Star Wars miniland was awesome. The kids knew every scene and enjoyed pushing all the buttons to make the Lego sculptures comes to life.

My fave scene was the wampa cave on Hoth, while the Baby loved the Anakin vs. Obi Wan on Mustafar scene, well - because hot lava. Fighting. Etc.

There was even a spectacular sand sculpture which held up amazingly well despite the weather.

The Baby was super excited to see his 'idol' Darth Vader and showed his appreciation by yelling "YOU WANNA PIECE OF ME??" and running up to attack Vader with an umbrella.

The kids went on all the rides they could handle and crossed my fingers that none of us would get pneumonia. Just as we were leaving - SIX HOURS LATER - the sun came out. San Diego weather - you are on my LIST.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Wow! This looks awesome!! Glad you had a good time despite the rain.

Thursday, April 07, 2011 9:18:00 PM  
Blogger caninecologne said...

hi there! when i heard of the new star wars exhibit at legoland i thought of you...

Friday, April 08, 2011 2:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home