Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm just an Orange County girl, living in an extraordinary world

I may bake a lot of cupcakes, but I also BUY a lot of cupcakes.

Proving my point, I drove 100 miles roundtrip, just to pick up cupcakes from Meringue Bakeshop at the
Sunday Farmer's Market in the O.C. Granted it's faaaar down into Orange County, so sadly 100 miles is spot on.

Ok so I didn't JUST drive all that way for cupcakes. I also set it up so that I could meet up with a bunch of friends and I've been wanting to go to the Great Park Farmer's Market for some time.

Every Sunday Meringue Bakeshop sells their cupcakes at the Farmer's Market. Even before we realized we had lots of mutual friends, I became a fan of Meringue Bakeshop's moist and flavorful cupcakes.

I first tried them at Cupcake Camp O.C. where my Sleeping Baby cupcakes was one of the top 3 in the amateur division and in the professional division Meringue Bakeshop won best O.C. themed
cupcake with their Orange Crush cupcakes!

They do cakes for weddings and showers, but they also invented the pushcake! I really wanted to try one of these novelties but they were out that week. Oh well, there's always next time.

The Great Park market is pretty neat. Lots of food trucks, a variety of fruits and snacks and most important? PLENTY of seating (big plus) and FREE balloon rides, FREE carousel rides and FREE playgrounds for the kids. Now you're talkin' my price range.

I'd love to come here every week, I just wish it was closer. For people who live in the O.C. - this should be a must every Sunday. For us L.A. dwellers, well, I promise to visit more when the gas prices go down. Plus I need to go back and get on that giant orange balloon...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger noisy penguin said...

I live in North San Diego and I'm super grateful that you keep making these trips to the Irvine area - I'm bookmarking your posts so I can remember where I want to head up with the kids.

Friday, May 27, 2011 7:43:00 AM  
Blogger A Mom Like You said...

amazing post my mom is always looking for farmers mkts to visit. Yes, the lady plans 2 day mini trips around farms & farmers mkts. Sad thing is she manages a farms & does many mkts. herself. If your ever heading north. Be sure to check out Underwoods Family Farms in Moorpark...I promise you will luv it!!

Friday, May 27, 2011 8:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home