Monday, May 16, 2011

Kill your television

At school they had 'Turn Off TV Week' and the Kid REALLY got into it, mostly because there was a 'prize' at the end.

I don't let the kids watch that much tv, but I'm letting up and allowing them to watch a few more shows and movies - seeing as how I'm such a pop-culture junkie myself.

You had to write down what you did everyday instead of watching tv, and since the kids don't watch much during the week anyway it was easy to write down our regular art and reading every night - it was just hard to think of NEW things to write down since the Kid demanded that we had to log something different down every day.

We played a lot of games (which I always lost - because the Kid is the King of board games), we read, the kids cooked, it was a full exercise in creativity.

Here's the thing, having 'Turn Off TV Week' during the Lakers playoffs is just cruel. Granted it doesn't matter now, but still. The playoffs are BIG. The Kid would yell, "I CAN HEAR YOU WATCHING. TURN OFF THE TV." It got to the point where even my mom (their Grandma) would say, "Hey, I don't go to your school, I CAN watch tv." Seriously. It was like we were all being watched.

All I know is that *I* was glad it was over. The Kid got his prize and I could finally watch Food Network without the TV Nazi lurking behind the corner..."MOM. I CAN HEAR YOU WATCHING SOMETHING..." Yikes.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Lum said...

what was his prize?

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Woodsy said...

OMG...I would've gone nuts! No TV???? Kill me now!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home