Monday, May 09, 2011

We gonna run this town

This weekend was jam packed. There was so much to do in L.A. I didn't know where to start, everything had to be carefully scheduled and coordinated so that we didn't miss out on any of the action.
First off - Unique L.A. Unique is one of my favorite shows and for the first time I didn't have a booth! I have to say, it was pretty nice to be able to just walk around and shop, there are so many great local vendors! If you wanted the best of the best in L.A. artists they were all at Unique. I wish I could have bought one of everything.

The other thing I love about that show is EVERYONE goes. I saw so many friends, I couldn't walk more than 2 feet without bumping into someone I knew. I love when everyone comes together for art like that!

The kids - they weren't having it. Shopping was a big NO especially when it was also...
Free Comic Book Day!! Our fave holiday of the year. We always go down and visit our friends at the Comic Bug and this year, the kids could NOT contain themselves.
Driving by the shop was a kick because out on the street it was a Star Wars fest, there were stormtroopers, scout troopers, jedis and...
...an R2 unit!! The Baby nearly lost his mind. He loved that thing so much and the 'operator' could tell so he kept making the droid follow the Baby around. It was very sweet. The Baby was loving it. He gave the droid a hug and proclaimed R2-A6 his best friend.
The Comic Bug - as always - had an amazing lineup of creators, lots o' comics and lots o' HeroClix. The kids had a ball.

The next day was Mother's Day and the O.G. book signing was a HUGE success! We had so much fun and saw lots of great peeps. (recap here) And now the book is available online. Whew!

To cap off a successful weekend, O.G. and I celebrated as we do everyday - with tacos!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I was on promotion duty for the 3D Film Fest and we thought it might be a good idea to get postcards into comic shops...on a very busy day for them. I went to EIGHT different ones. Sadly, I've had no time to even look at all the free loot I picked up along the way.

Monday, May 09, 2011 12:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home