Thursday, May 12, 2011

You better run, you better hide ,we gotta keep you out of sight, be careful Sigmund.

The Magic Treehouse is still in full effect around here. The Kid reads the books every night, and with 45 in the series - he'll be reading for a while.

So for After Dinner Art the other night I saw him sketching while he was reading:

Summer of the Sea Serpent. This book was one of his faves.

Back in the old days (when the Kid was 3-4 years old) I used to help him with art by going over shapes, spatial proportions, etc. In just a few short years he's really come into his own and loves drawing. Now he doesn't need me anymore. ~sniff~

Speaking of raising and taking care of kids, the awesome women of Geek Girl Con have invited me to speak on a panel at Geek Girl Con in Seattle! The topic? 'Geeky Parenting and Raising Geeky Kids.' Or as I call it...parenting. HA! I'm sure it was my large organizational collection of lightsabers and capes that made them think I was qualified...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jen said...

You're coming to Seattle? Awesome. I'll treat you to a cupcake. :)

Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Let me know if I can give you Seattle tips or help publicize to the locals! That's awesome.

Saturday, May 14, 2011 7:47:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

How fun! Sound's like a great panel to speak on.

Monday, May 16, 2011 1:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home