Monday, May 23, 2011

You live you learn, you love you learn,
you cry you learn, you lose you learn

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week at school. Seems like everyone else had theirs 3 weeks ago so I don't know why we're so behind, but oh well.

They suggest you: 'say something nice' to your teacher, 'bring her fruit', etc. Er. Fruit? Sorry. I'm the worst offender of calorie crushers around here and I show love with dessert. I did try to incorporate fruit the best way I know how though...

For the after school care teachers: Banana cupcakes with a Cinnamon Buttercream

I am making little gifts for the kids *actual* class teachers, but I felt like I wanted to do something for ALL the teachers in the school. After all my kids will be there through 5th grade, I might as well butter them up I MEAN get on their good side now.

So I made Teacakes with a Brown Sugar Whipped Cream and Chocolate cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting and left the box in the teacher's lounge. I hope they enjoyed them. I can barely handle 2 kids I don't know how the teacher's cope with 25+ all day. I think they deserve all the cupcakes in the world.

Banana cupcakes (recipe, here)
Milk Tea cupcakes (recipe, here)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous poppy said...

I love being a teacher. I love the kids. I love watching them discover new things. I love their energy. I also love parents who help their children and their teachers. And I especially love parents who buck the "bring teachers fruit" guideline for teacher appreciation week b/c nothing says appreciation like those awesome looking cupcakes!!!!

Monday, May 23, 2011 7:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Melinda said...

As a teacher, I can confidently say that I'm sure all of your gifts were MUCH appreciated! It means so much to get a token of appreciation from a student and/or parent, no matter what it is.

Monday, May 23, 2011 4:04:00 PM  
Anonymous key-me said...

Thanks! I hope they're still there by the time I get there! I can't wait to taste 'em!

Monday, May 23, 2011 7:46:00 PM  
Anonymous justJENN said...

@Key-Me
They're gone already! Boo. :(

Monday, May 23, 2011 8:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home