Thursday, June 09, 2011

Little Twin Stars

My friend is having twins!

I think that's pretty awesome, I can't even imagine the shock it must be to take a look at your first ultrasound and see TWO babies. I got invited to the baby shower and immediately started thinking about a gift...

I decided to put together a pretty practical basket, I know late night feedings are going to rough especially with two - so I filled the basket with quick things to eat or make. Miso soup, salted seaweed and of course Oreos and chocolate, what else would you crave in the wee hours of the morn?

I soon realized she actually does need two of everything. Yikes! Double stroller, two high chairs, two sets of bibs - wow, it's A LOT. Having just one kid at a time you tend to take for granted that you can just do hand me downs for the next one - not when it's two at once!

I bought her the obligatory 'cute outfits' one boy and one girl since she's having one of each (!) and then went the realistic route and put in a bundle of plain ol' tees that will be totally messed up in no time.

The shower was held in the backyard of her sister's gorgeous home. The lunch was AMAZING, they really went all out. I love when people put a lot of thought into a party menu because it really is the best part of any event. Of course we played those familiar baby games...


Man, I lost horribly on the 'guess the baby food' game. It all looks the same to me: gross. But I totally rocked the 'celebrity baby names' and got 12 out of 15. Yay me!

It was a fun time and I'm so excited to see two little ones come into this world. The last part of my gift...Sleeping Baby Cupcakes! A sweet way for her to kick off this new life adventure!

Link

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger L.A. Story said...

Love those cupcakes! So cute.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 1:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home