Thursday, August 04, 2011

Darling I love you but give me Park Avenue

We are city folk. And I like it that way.

Right now the 'goats' are back in town. Once a year the CRA brings in 100 goats to eat the grass on Angel's Knoll at 4th and Hill Street downtown, and man, is it a sight. It's supposed to be more environmentally friendly (though I wonder how much gas was used to cart them to L.A....) in any event it's a whole lot of fun to watch.

Locals cannot get enough of it, because it's so out of place for Los Angeles. The streets are lined with business men and women armed with camera phones taking pictures...of goats. Fascinating.

I get it - it's a novelty. In fact, I told O.G. about it while we were eating brunch in Santa Monica and she couldn't take it - she insisted that we HAD TO SEE THE GOATS. So off I drove from the Westside alllll the way to downtown just for goat watchin'. The things I do for that woman.

O.G. was thrilled and the kids got a kick out of it. Me? I've had my yearly goat fill. Let's just say you can guess how 100 goats smell, not all that great.

The goats are working fast. You only have 2 more days to see them!

View more videos at: http://nbclosangeles.com.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Margie said...

City girl right here as well. I've started noticing chickens in my city (Houston). It's weird and frightens me but only cause I got pecked by one when I was a child. Mmmmm, chicken nicely fried with a tower of mashed potatoes. Mmmmmm...

Friday, August 05, 2011 5:08:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

for some reason, seeing them was the highlight of my day yesterday. i'd randomly think of them throughout the day, and it'd make me smile. despite the fact i don't love goats or their smell. maybe it was seeing the babies frolicking. or maybe just cuz like you said, it's so uncharacteristic.

Friday, August 05, 2011 8:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home