Monday, August 22, 2011

You look marvelous

This past weekend Williams Sonoma stores offered a cookie decorating event for kids. For just $5 that went to Share Our Strength - kids got to decorate cookies made from the Marvel cookie cutters! How could we not particpate?!

I happened to get the new Marvel cookie cutters from Williams Sonoma as a birthday gift and they are fantastic. They are perfectly detailed and don't stick to dough. The best!

I've already made several things with them including mini Captain America hand pies! (recipe here)

For the event the kids got to choose two character cookies to decorate. My kids love Marvel and were excited to make their choices.

The Baby: Hulk and Iron Man.
The Kid: Iron Man and Captain America.
No Spidey love for these kids, I guess. My own personal usual complaint - where the heck is Wolverine?? I want an all Wolverine kitchen, thank you very much.

Williams Sonoma had everything prepared, from piping bags to sprinkles, as well as all the sugar cookies. It was a finely tuned process that went incredibly smoothly considering it was a ton of kids and a lot of colored sugars.

My boys decorate cookies a lot at home, so they had plenty of practice and did pretty well.

They had a great time and got to take home the cookies that they decorated and a free comic book. I hope the stores offer more of these events. The kids had a great time and it was for a great cause!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I wish I had known about this, Finn is currently obsessed with Marvel characters.

Monday, August 22, 2011 4:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Lawrence said...

Oh my god, there is really much useful information here!
Miami beach weather | dress websites | car antenna

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home