Monday, September 19, 2011

In brightest day, in blackest night...

When the kids draw they usually ask me to print out a picture as a reference. The other day we were drawing superheroes and the Baby said, "I REALLY need a picture of Star Sapphire." Um. In case you didn't know...THIS is Star Sapphire:

Uh...yeah. Well, the Baby is just really into Green Lantern and so he wanted a picture of her and Green Lantern and well - I just couldn't do it. Although I have to say I am curious as to what his version of THAT outfit would look like.

Instead I gave him an EQUALLY good Star Sapphire pic, the Batman Brave and the Bold version, whose outfit I much rather prefer. He used that pic to draw the two of them:

Since they were doing the Lantern Corps I printed out a pic of Daffy Duck as Green Lantern and the Kid drew his version. Not bad. Art class starts this week so we'll see if all of our summer drawing time has paid off.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bully said...

I'll say it: The Kid has a better design sense than the artists at DC Comics.

(I need to send you that batch of DC Animated Universe comic books for the K and the B!)

Monday, September 19, 2011 8:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home