Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Deus ex machina

I rarely go to the movies. If I'm going to pay $14, it better be darn worth it. But O.G. had some free movie tix and baseball and Brad Pitt sounded pretty good.

When I walked into the theater I was shocked to see these crazy futuristic machines that looked like teleporters. In fact, they were soda dispensers! I was so excited, I love push button-y things! I must have shown my face cards because the theater worker handed me a little taster cup and told me to have fun. AWESOME.

Have you ever seen a 90 year old confronted with new technology? It's hilarious. O.G. couldn't figure out what the heck was going and much like her Wii bowling wasn't quick to get the hang of it. It was all too much trouble for some soda.

So she left me to it and I pushed every button known to man. I was happy to see these were Coke machines - I just came back from Seattle where apparently it's a "Pepsi town," uh, no thanks. If I was dying in a desert and there was a mirage of Pepsi I think I'd just move on. Sorry.


8 kinds of Sprite!
Raspberry Coke!
All kinds of juice!

It was nuts. Apparently there are 140 different drinks that come out of that thing. Very reminscent of World of Coke on the Vegas strip, oh so long ago. The machine was fun, crazy and downright confusing. I do miss human beings now and again.

O.G., she decided to just die in the desert. No drink for her. Just baseball and Brad Pitt.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger connie k. said...

I don't think O.G.'s look on her face was much different than mine when I was faced with such a beverage dispensing system. It was amazing!

Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:06:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

What theater is this? I've never seen these before.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 5:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home