Thursday, October 06, 2011

First family of superheroes

School is killing me and I'm not even the one taking classes. No, between school, homework, nightly reading, art class, chess club, karate and swim - well, I'm exhausted. I'm tired just writing it. Let me take a nap I'll be right back...zzz.

The kids have a lot going on but I STILL have them do After-Dinner-Art. I don't help the kids, they have to do the artwork themselves. The way I get the kids to be creative is to hand them a picture and say DO IT. I should be a life coach. Kidding. Really though the things the kids ask to draw are always crazy complicated. No one wants to just draw flowers? A cat? Hello? Bueller? Nope. It's always something big - so if they want to draw the ENTIRE FANTASTIC FOUR IN ACTION...well good luck.

The kids are pretty good with sizing and proportions and with comic book characters it's ok to be a little 'off' at times, it just gives the drawing more movement.

These were made as a gift for 'Uncle Paul' who loves Fantastic Four. The kids did pretty well considering I only gave them 15 minutes and said DO IT FAST. Again - you probably shouldn't hire me as your life coach.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Our Man Horn said...

If I were Stan, I'd tell 'em, "Face Front, True Believers!"

Since I'm not Stan, I'll say, "They're really good — you guys are getting better and better. Thank you!"

Thursday, October 06, 2011 2:08:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Those are really freaking great!

Thursday, October 06, 2011 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

Very well done! My son saw some of my old drawings and started his own versions of mine...

Thursday, October 06, 2011 11:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Woodsy said...

OMG..those are great!!!! Far better than my 11 year-olds'!!! I love him to pieces but drawing is just "NOT" his thing! I should send him to your house after dinner every night..what's one more?!?!

Monday, October 10, 2011 1:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home