Thursday, November 10, 2011

'My Favorite Book' contest!

I've said many times how important reading is to me and to the kids. Around here, books aren't just for reading - they inspire!

Especially in the form of food:

Frobscottle from the BFG (recipe here)

Max's dinner from Where the Wild Things Are (recipe here)

Ready. Set. Grow! is First 5 LA’s family resource website for parents with young children offering fun and safe ways for children to be healthy, safe and ready to learn. This November, they’re encouraging a love of literacy with their annual Read early, Read ALOUD campaign.

This year’s slogan is “My Favorite Book” and they're having a contest all month long with book giveaways and a grand prize! You could win a library of 50 books selected by the Ready. Set. Grow! team and a reading tips bookmark!

To enter, fill out the survey on www.ReadySetGrowLA.org/contest and/or Follow Ready, Set, Grow on Twitter and post a Tweet with the contest hashtag: #myfavbook

Also, leave me a comment on this post to tell me that you've entered or tweeted and I will randomly select someone to win a copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Read to Your Bunny! (you have until December 5th!)

Free books - how can you go wrong? Good luck and have fun reading!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous cc said...

I followed on Twitter and posted my favorite kids book.

http://twitter.com/#!/ComfortablyMe/status/134861536433938432

(The ready set grow link isn't working.)

I love your recipes and the creative meals you make for your two boys.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Gloria said...

I registered my favorite book. I like to read Purple, Green and Yellow by Robert Munsch

Friday, November 11, 2011 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. M said...

I entered the contest and tweeted my favorite book. I love reading The Giving Tree

Monday, November 14, 2011 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger trouble said...

I entered http://twitter.com/#!/rainbowlite/status/136131910501011457 My favorite book is Blue Hat Green Hat by Sandra Boynton

Monday, November 14, 2011 9:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

I just entered. My son loves Eric Carle's books. So I know he'd be thrilled to add The Very Hungry Caterpillar to his library. Awesome giveaway! Thanks Jenn!

Saturday, November 19, 2011 4:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home