Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pie in the sky

Tis the season...for pie. Somehow my pie cravings kick into gear around the holidays - otherwise, I'm totally team Cake the rest of the year.

Luckily there's a cute little pie store in L.A. and by little pie I mean LITTLE PIES. The pies are seriously 2.5" in diameter and you know me, anything mini is my new fave.

Simple Things is a sandwich and pie store in mid-city on Third.

There are a variety of lunch items to choose from: soup, salad, sandwiches and of course, pie. Psst: if you get your pie ala mode, it's Fosselman's ice cream. THE BEST.

While the food was good it was the pies I was really after...

Every day they have different pie specials from key lime, peach, salted caramel to peanut butter pie. They tiny ones are called "Cutie Pies" of course they are! And because they are so small you can get a good variety to taste. The slightly larger pie (which is still small - approx 5") is available in most daily flavors as well. However a 'real size' pie takes 24 hours notice to order. But why buy a big one when a teeny one is so cute?

Of course packaging is everything to me and I was thrilled to see that if you buy just one cutie pie you get a teeny little pie box! Next time. This time I bought so many pies I had myself a big ol' pie bento box. The positive affirmation inside the box made me realize I had made the right pie decision.

I tried the chocolate cream pie, blueberry pie, and chocolate chip cookie pie - that one was more like just a cookie baked in a pie shell, not really for me. The key lime won me over for sure. It was the perfect tartness and sweetness - which is not always easy to accomplish with key lime pies.

I definitely satified my pie cravings but don't worry - cake is still my first love...

Simple Things Sandwich and Pie Shop
8310 W 3rd St, Los Angeles 90048 (At S Sweetzer Ave)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Annika said...

I ADORE Simple Things! Their vegan po boy sandwich is delicious and their pies are !!!!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home