Monday, December 19, 2011

All is quiet on New Year's Day

While most people are planning for Christmas, that's not even on my radar right now. No, I'm already moving on and looking ahead to New Year's Day.

New Year's Day in Japanese-American culture is huge. It's a giant food-fest celebration where traditional foods are eaten to ensure a good year. I've been looking through my past posts and none of those good luck foods has worked so far. What gives? But this year, this is the one - am I right? Hm.

In any case, it's always safe to hedge your bets and I'm already working on this year's menu. Each year it gets a little harder to pull off, could it be because I'm getting older...each and every...year? zzz I'm tired. I always say 'forget it' - then cut to me cooking for three days straight.

Take a look at how we celebrated in years past...

Oshogatsu 2011
Oshogatsu 2010

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

I'm soooo sad to be missing it this year! :(

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 12:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home