Monday, December 12, 2011

Teach them well and let them lead the way

I'm ready for Christmas! Bring. It. On. And while all of our family stuff is done, I'm now trying to appreciate the people who do so much for all of us.

Teachers are such an important part of kids lives - they work so hard for so little pay. My sis-in-law is a third grade teacher and it's hard work. I see her pay for things out of her own pocket, stay a little longer than she should, do a little more - and I can only hope that all those parents appreciate everything she does.

I made 24 cupcakes for the teachers and staff at the kid's school as a holiday thank you. While cupcakes aren't much, I wanted to send the teachers off on their last school week of the year with something sweet to show them that I appreciate all that they do for our kids.

Take time to appreciate your kid's teachers at the holidays - they deserve it! Also on behalf of teachers and my sis-in-law - don't buy them any more candles. Seriously.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Alison said...

What do teachers like besides cupcakes ?
Ask your sister-in-law...

Monday, December 12, 2011 8:55:00 PM  
Blogger camille said...

HAHHAHA, yes! someone who finally realizes that there is such a thing as too many candles. and picture frames.

We like Starbucks giftcards, yummy treats, and anything random the kids pick out for us. But please, no more candles.

Monday, December 12, 2011 8:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Robin said...

Gift cards and handmade stuff.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:26:00 AM  
OpenID djstephaniebell said...

It's true, my stepmom is a teacher and gets candles and bath stuff all of the time. gift cards to starbucks are a big favorite, tamales, and one mom got her a massage gift certificate one year but that mom's kid was a pain in the ass so there you go

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Lynne213 said...

Please,fortheloveofGod, NO coffee mugs or note pads that say "world's best teacher". No bath stuff, lotion, perfumes, etc. (I'm an asthmatic and hated for students to waste their money on gifts I would never use.)

Handmade ornaments from the kids, stationery, gift cards to Amazon, a nice restaurant, or a massage are all appreciated. Strapped for cash? I still have every handwritten letter/card that parents took the time to sit down and write thanking me how I helped change their child's life. Those are precious.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home