Thursday, January 12, 2012

Follow the leader

My SiL (aka temp-personal Nanny) is in full effect, learning to cook and helping the kids with their schoolwork.

The Kid had an extra credit assignment and one of the options was to make a favorite recipe. The choice was easy: Neapolitan Mochi Bundt Cake. He's made dinner for me before, so the Kid is pretty comfortable in the kitchen. My SiL helped with holding up the bowl and little things here and there, while I took pictures.

The Kid followed directions step by step, cracking eggs, mixing the ingredients. The hard part was changing the batter into three different colors but he handled it like a pro.

...and tadah! A beautiful mochi bundt!

This is one of the Kid's fave cakes and I'm glad that he was able to follow my recipe and pretty much do all of the work himself. A tri-color mochiko bundt cake sounds (and looks) daunting but if a 7 year old can do it, come on!

Neapolitan Mochi Bundt Cake recipe here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

this one looks like a definite must try...

Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home