Monday, February 13, 2012

I ain't got nothing but love babe, eight days a week

People often ask how I meal plan. I usually start by 'shopping' in my own pantry and seeing what ingredients I have or need to use up. Then I coupon like crazy and go to the market(s) in order to try to stock up for two weeks worth of meals. In between I might buy something I forgot or go to the farmer's market.

I plan by the week. Usually three meals that I'm going to make for sure, leaving the rest of the days open to leftovers or possibly going out. There are always at least two or three vegetarian meals. They are more cost effective, healthier and usually my kids don't notice or mind.

A major help is writing things down. Did you know Martha Stewart has a line of home office products at Staples? Man, is it dangerous. Planning things out is so much nicer when things are pretty.

I saw that she had a removable weekly planner - not only can you dry erase on it but it won't gum up whatever surface you stick it to. Perfect! I'm sure it's supposed to be used for life planning but I immediately thought it'd be great to keep track of my weekly cooking.

I also bought some small velcro fasteners and a dry erase pen. The pen is retractable so there's no losing/looking/fooling with pen caps, you know what I'm sayin'? We're busy people, we don't have time for pen caps!!

Then stuck one side to the pen and the other to the fridge.

That way I'm never rummaging through drawers looking for it. (My pet peeve.)

This whole set up makes weekly meal planning easy, inspiring and changeable. Off to start on dinner...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

Love this! Hopefully I can sell my husband on it (he's the awesome everyday cook in our house)...

It would certainly end the daily "what do you want for dinner?" I get at lunch.

Monday, February 13, 2012 2:46:00 PM  
Anonymous sheena weekly diet plans said...

Nice Idea. I will try this at home so I can start planning our weekly meals and avoid making rush and headaches everyday thinking of what to cook that day and the following days. I love it.

Friday, February 17, 2012 7:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home