Wednesday, March 07, 2012

One, two, three, four - let's have a thumb war!

Nowadays when the kids do after-dinner-art they seem to be incorporating books. The Baby is moving pretty fast with his reading. Even though he is only 6 he is currently reading at a third grade level - I think this is mostly because of the books that he's choosing. Right now his current obsession is the Stink by Megan McDonald - who is also the author of the popular Judy Moody books.

Stink is Judy Moody's younger brother and let me express that the selling point on these books was the fact that the kid's name is STINK, of course. How can a kid not want to pick that up?

The Baby just finished Stink: The Ultimate Thumb Wrestling Smackdown and you can guess what came next...my living room is now a Thumb Wrestling war zone.

As soon as that book was finished the kids started shredding paper to make custom thumb wrestlers - this was AFTER I explained that no, you can't use a sharpie to write on your thumb.

Like Beyblades, Pokemon or any custom fighting item the kids went full force in coming up with names, fighting tactics and abilities. They even made a custom thumb wrestler for *me* named...

...THE CUPCAKE! Do my boys know me or what.

So it was me vs. THE TORCH.

The Torch is a feisty little wrestler but in the end I stuck it out and won. Someone needs to make me a paper championship belt, just sayin'.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous alibaba41 said...

LOL! This is great Jenn. Your boys are so creative, just like their mama.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger L.A. Story said...

So cool! Ian and CC love thumbie wars. This might have to be a new addition.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home