Monday, April 16, 2012

Chimpanzee

Last week Disney invited me to a special screening of the new movie Chimpanzee.

The movie was at the El Capitan, one of my favorite theaters for Disney movies. They have a historic wurlitzer and the organist entertains the crowds before the movie. All Disney theme songs of course!
Before the movie the brought different animals on stage for the audience to see. I know my kids were loving it as was the audience by the oohs and aahs.

There was an artic fox, a porcupine and the Baby's fave: an alligator named Fluffy.
Finally it was time for Chimpazee. When the movie started the you were taken into the world of a little chimpanzee named Oscar and his life in the rainforest. The filmmakers truly captured the sights and sounds of these animals daily lives.

From finding daily food to the dangers that they encounter - the life of a chimpanzee can change from minute to minute. Watching Oscar try and survive tragedy through friendship was incredibly heartwarming.

My favorite part of the movie was the "Disney magic" - time lapse photography and playful music added to the fun and excitement of life in the rainforest. Tim Allen was the narrator and he even snuck in a trademark Tim the Tool Man Taylor Home Improvement grunt and the audience went wild.
Chimpanzee is a wonderful family movie that tells the story of Oscar the chimpanzee by showcasing the amazing lives of chimps and the beauty of the rainforest.

Keep your kids busy with this free chimpanzee activity book available for download here! The movie will be out in theaters on April 20th.

*full disclosure: Disney provided me with the movie tickets but the opinions on this blog are my own.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger rahul said...

@Author I am looking for a article writer and I think I have found one. You write pretty well and I would like to work with you. Please join me on Skype. My Skype ID: seomonkeyz

Weed Seeds | Marijuana Seeds | Seed Bank

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:09:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

Thanks for your review. Ava keeps asking me when April 20 is because she sees the commercials on TV and wants to see it.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home