Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Farmer's Market Fruits

I love this time of year in LA because the weather is perfect for Farmer's Markets. I usually go at least once a week, but shoot for twice. I like to stroll and see what ingredients inspire me to come up with new recipes. The kids love coming with me to the markets because they get to pick out what they like and sample all the fruits and veggies.

The Baby is a little fruit bat, there's hardly a fruit that he doesn't love so that's what usually makes it home with us. Last week blood oranges were abundant and when they cut them open for display they are hard to resist. I took some home to eat and then baked cupcakes with the rest of them.

  Fresh berries. I love the yellow raspberries. I used those in cupcakes too!

 Blood oranges, always beautiful.

 Cherries - a favorite of the Baby's.

 Freshly shelled peas!

 Grapefruit, one of *my* favorites.

 Gorgeous purple artichokes.

Strawberries, the redder the better!

Mmm...ripe, red tomatoes.

I can't wait to see what arrives at the market next week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelldandy said...

I finally went to our local farmer's market, something I've been planning to do for a while. There were some similar things at ours including the berries. I cannot believe how huge the blackberries were!

Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home