Monday, July 23, 2012

Swag and Purchases at Comic Con

Let's face it, when it comes to the goods, Comic Con is where it's at. I debuted my comic-recipe cards  (now available online!) and I also got a bunch of cool swag and found so many amazing things to buy. Here's what I picked up:
This is...my precious. I love Legos and I love female comics characters. Lego Phoenix is a limited edition free swag from Marvel and seriously the best thing EVER. This is how lady legos should always be. Awesome.
I got invited to Mark Waid's private Thrillbent party and how cool is this free swag bag, a Nerd Flu Prevention Kit! Filled with green tea, hand sanitzer - everything you need to combat ConSars.
My awesome table Small Press table neighbors the Beastlies brought these mini Nibblet Beastlies this year, a steal at 3 for $10, they sold out IMMEDIATELY. I didn't even get a chance to get any and I was sitting right next to them! I settled for two regular sized Beastlies for the kids. Put them on your first stop for next year!

Darlene is a fellow food blogger and she released her first book of foodie adventures: The Girl with the Donut Tattoo drawn by the very talented Paul Horn. At $5 it's another awesome deal in the wonderful world of SDCC Small Press.
Sawdust Bear is also in Small Press (yay us!) and was making her debut - it was her first Comic Con ever! She had these beautiful hand sculpted Monster Pins in fantastic packaging. I love me some good packaging. The creatures look lifelike, a little happy, a little sad and a whole lot of cute.
The Tokidoki booth was MADNESS and extremely far away from me, but I braved it to buy some con exclusives and my reward was a bonus with purchase gift - a Tokidoki Sharpie and in my fave color too!
Another too cute I couldn't pass it up must buy was from the Nickelodeon booth - Yo Gabba Gabba Star Wars mash up pins! Adorable!
Finally, this was my fave thing of all time. I was lucky enough to get a great first time table neighbor on my right, Genevieve Tsai. She is an amazing animator and this print Diablo Time! was super popular at the Con. A mash up of Adventure Time and Diablo it  was just too cool. Her work is already well known but her site is worth a visit. She does such beautiful line work and detail.You MUST check out her blog and her fantastic etsy store!

Lots of great stuff, I can't wait til next year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Self Rescuing Princess Society said...

OMG. So much awesome. I can't decide which is most awesome. I had really wanted to go this year, but we didn't start planning soon enough. Maybe next year!

Monday, July 23, 2012 1:35:00 PM  
Blogger L.A. Story said...

Love the "Donut Tattoo!" I kind of want one ... although I'm terrified of needles.

Friday, July 27, 2012 8:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home