Tuesday, August 28, 2012

King's Hawaiian food truck luau!

Last week King's Hawaiian held a private blogger event and they did it with aloha style! When we arrived we were given fresh flower leis and greeted by the Taira family, who have run the company for the past three generations.
They gave us a tour of the factory (recap here) and afterward they held a special luau...a food truck luau! The back area was reserved for a private food truck event just for us! All you care to eat food from the best food trucks in LA!
King's Hawaiian hired the Kogi truck, Buttermilk Truck, Ludo Truck and Lobsta Truck! Each truck took King's Hawaiian as their inspiration and made special dishes highlighting King's Hawaiian bread!


Kogi offered up their fabulous sliders on King's Hawaiian rolls. I had the Kogi short rib, my favorite!

Buttermilk Truck in true breakfast fashion, served up Cinnamon French Toast Sticks that was made with King's Hawaiian's own original round sweet bread.


I love fried chicken and always try to hunt down the Ludo truck when it's around town. Their Buttermilk Fried Chicken never disappoints but this time I got to try the Honey Garlic wings served with a side of King's Hawaiian rolls and I think I'm hooked!

The Taira family had a little Tailgate party area grilling up burgers and hot dogs on their new hamburger and hot dog bun products.

Lobsta rolls and Crab rolls were rollin' out of the Lobsta truck on King's Hawaiian hot dog buns. A sweet seafood treat!
No luau is complete without dessert and King's Hawaiian does it best. The bakery is Torrance is one of my favorite places for a sweet treat and the head pastry chef came by and laid out the biggest and best King's Hawaiian dessert buffet ever! White chocolate bread pudding, dobash cake, cupcakes parfaits, they had it all.
Right away my eyes zeroed in on my favorite King's Hawaiian dessert the Kona Coffee Creme Brulee.

The blogging community is a small world and I ran into a lot of online friends at the event. It truly was like an ohana celebration with old blogging buddies mixed in with new King's Hawaiian friends. At the end of it all King's Hawaiian sent us all home with a HUGE box of all of their products. It was a day filled with inspiration, fun and lots of great food!

King's Hawaiian Bakery
2808 W. Sepulveda Blvd
Torrance, CA  90505

*King's Hawaiian invited me on a tour and provided me with product. I received no monetary compensation and all opinions are my own.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Xenia G. said...

YUM!!!!!!! Kinda disappointing that I haven't heard more about this yummy tour from other bloggers!!!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home