Thursday, August 09, 2012

The Odd Life of Timothy Green

Disney invited me to a screening of The Odd Life of Timothy Green. It's a magical story of a couple who yearns to start a family but can only dream of what their child will be like. There are so many touching moments, it's a comedy and a drama, swinging back and forth from whimsical to heartbreaking.

Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton play the Greens, a couple living in a small town whose one wish to have a child. When their wish comes true and Timothy magically appears in their lives you get to see all aspects of parenting from wanting the best for your child, to worrying about their future to epic failures.

Set in the fictitious town of Stanleyville where the city's main work is funded by a downtrodden pencil factory, we watch as Timothy (played by CJ Adams) shines and his positive outlook brings life back into the struggling town and it's inhabitants.

Every character in this film is relatable from the over the top perfect sibling to the mean bosses at work. What I found so hilarious was the casting of Ron Livingston as the horrible boss, if you remember his character from Office Space - it was a crack up to see him come full circle.


This movie is for anyone who has a kid or was a kid, anyone who is a parent or has a parent. I watched it with my two boys, my mom and my cousin and seeing it as a family was great because we all had different points of view. My boys, who are 6 and 8 years old really enjoyed it. They loved the story and they really felt a bond with the character of Timothy, who had to fit in but stay true to himself as well.

Home and family were major themes in the movie and I admit I spent a lot of the movie crying, not only from the painfully heart wrenching parts but the joyous scenes as well. The movie is magical, in the same way classics like E.T. and Big brought our imaginations to life on the big screen. It's a wonderful family movie about struggle and hope, a story for everyone because it's a story about love.

The Odd Life of Timothy Green will be in theaters on August 15.

*Disney invited me to a screening of the movie with no monetary compensation. All opinions and reviews are my own.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Glad you liked it. I started crying during the trailer alone, so I'll probably wait to watch it in the comfort of my own tear-filled home.

Friday, August 10, 2012 1:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home