Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wreck-It Ralph

I had the opportunity to see an advanced screening of Wreck-it Ralph and I haven't been this excited about a movie in a long time! I thought the trailer looked great, but the movie even exceeded my expectations!

Fix-It Felix, Jr. is an 80s-era 8-bit arcade game. The object is to help Felix fix the building that is wrecked by Ralph, and after 30 years of his role in this game, well, Ralph is tired of being the bad guy. Ralph takes matters into his own hands and journey's across various arcade games to try and earn love and respect.
Along the way he encounters characters from a variety of games, from first person shooters to racing and old school games. Any fan of 80s games like me will LOVE the hilarious  nod to childhood memories. Candy is also featured heavily in this movie, and candy lovers will adore all the fun references to fanciful sweets.

I was pleased to see strong female characters play big roles in this movie, which provided guidance and unexpected turns to Ralph's journey. There are over 190 unique characters in the world of Wreck-It Ralph, more than in other Disney animated movie! The details of these characters added so many layers to the fun and surprises along Ralph's epic adventure.

Every scene had so much heart yet was full of excitement. It's a great show for everyone in the family and I can't wait to see it again. Wreck-It Ralph opens in theaters on November 2.

*Disney provided me with passes to the screening and no other compensation, the thoughts and opinions are my own.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

Thanks for the review - I may bring the kids to see it tomorrow. I wasn't quite sure about it but you convinced me =)

Sunday, November 04, 2012 12:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home