Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Adventure Time

If you were given a big empty canvas what would you draw? I challenged the kids with that idea one night for After Dinner Art and the Baby (who is now 7 and not really a baby) decided that Adventure Time was the way to go!

I sketched out a giant Finn and told him to add whatever he wanted then went away to fold the laundry.
Each time I walked by he was going full force on another character. Jake. Ice King. Beemo. Most of it was from memory which was impressive because honestly he doesn't watch much tv but he adores the characters and I think Pen Ward is pretty cool myself. So I pulled out the iPad for him to check his colors against the real characters.

It was fun to see his progession and attention to detail. Blank canvases can be an inspiring thing.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home