Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Disney's Star Wars Weekends

By far one of the best benefits of my trip to Food Blog Forum in Orlando was that it coincided with Star Wars Weekends!

I've always wanted to go but seeing as how it's across the country and all, there never seemed to be time to take advantage of such a great fan event.
Luckily things worked out this year and as soon as I got off the plane to collect my baggage I was reminded that my timing couldn't have been better!
Star Wars Weekends takes place at Disney's Hollywood Studios over a series of weekends in May. It's the perfect location with plenty of space to accomodate the massive amount of Star Wars fans!

Of course it's still Florida hot in May, with temps in the 90s and skyrocketing humidity, so I truly felt for all the cosplayers in dark Jedi robes! They were real Troopers to put up with the heat.
It's a fan's paradise with stage events, guest appearances and of course themed food! There were special cocktails and a decadent Darth Vader peanut butter chocolate cupcake.
There were tons of meet and greets throughout the weekend and most people lined up in the wee hours just to get a fast pass to meet their favorite Star Wars actors.

At the signing areas I saw Ray Park, Darth Maul, as well as Boba Fett himself, Jeremy Bulloch!
What's a fan event without lots and lots of merch? The Studios Villains store had a pretty cool set up of all of our fave enemies! I just noticed Darth Maul has a rainbow on his face. Hm.
Not only were there special items just for the weekends but they even had a separate tent set up, themed out as "Darth's Mall"! It was ridiculously crowded and while I pondered a plush Salacious Crumb, the two hour wait (just to get in) in the scorching heat was definitely a deterrent

There was so much to buy and believe me, if it was close enough to drive, I would have bought 10 times more than I did. But with an airplane flight and the looming thought of baggage weight I held back.

Being able to attend Star Wars weekends made this trip even better and provided even more great Disney memories. It was a wonderful weekend and a must to experience at least once for any Star Wars fan. I just wish they'd extend it to the West Coast as well! May the Force Be With You!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home